Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mans Got To Know His Limitations (so does a woman) youtube

Wellstone speaks
EXCERPT:
Focus on a Populist, Progressive Economic Message
The new campaign ad that was to begin on the day of the plane crash had Paul Wellstone looking directly into the camera saying:

"I don't represent the big oil companies, I don't represent the big pharmaceutical companies, I don't represent the Enrons of this world, but you know what, they already have great representation in Washington. It's the rest of the people that need it. I represent the people of Minnesota."



Wellstone Action
EXCERPT:
Jul

16-19in Sandstone, MN
Campus Camp Wellstone: Train the Trainer
Read more….Jul

20-21in Portland, OR
Movement Building Project: Oregon Bus Project
This training is open to OR Bus Project members.
Read more….Jul

20-21in Tulsa, OK
Native American Leadership Program: WEWIN Conference
Read more….Jul

30 - Aug 1in Oakland, CA
Camp Wellstone: Oakland
Open for public registration!

Read more….Aug

3-4Labor Program: MSTA Leadership Academy
This training is open to members of MSTA.
Read more….Aug

3-4in Concord, NH
Labor Training: National Education Association
This training is open to NEA members.

Read more….Aug

4-5at LCO Community College in Hayward WI
Camp Sheila Wellstone Training
Camp Sheila Wellstone Training will be coming to the LCO Community in Hayward, WI
Read more….Aug

8-12in Williamstown, MA
Labor Program: MTA Leadership Academy
This training is open to members of MTA.
Read more…

If I were a terrorist a video by James Pence

To Jack, Robert and Teddy Kennedy, Thank You
EXCERPT:
August 29, 2009
To Jack, Robert and Teddy Kennedy, Thank You
Tonight my heart is heavy with the passing of Ted Kennedy. It's like the end of an era.
I've been on a journey with the Kennedy brothers, even though I've never met them, since 1959 and the journey has been filled with good and bad times, but the results of that journey can't be denied. The Kennedy's were inspirational and they made a difference.
The Kennedy's taught me and millions more to dream and believe in our dreams. Ted Kennedy, the last of the Kennedy brothers, was buried tonight but his legacy will live forever, and even though my heart is heavy my dreams are still alive and I feel fortunate to have witnessed this part of American history.
A quote from Paul Wellstone comes to my mind when I think of the Kennedy brothers: “The future will not belong to those who sit on the sidelines. The future will not belong to the cynics. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”---Paul Wellstone
The Kennedy's didn't sit on the sidelines and I believe history will reward them for that.
As Bob Hope might have said thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment